May 3 - May 6
Saturday 4 May 2024
1.45 pm: Riders Briefing
2 pm – 3 pm: Kids Club, 10 & under, 13 & under, 13 & under girls
3 pm – 4 pm: 13 & under boys
Times are approximate, download the full schedule for Wakeboarding here.
Cairns Wake Park
Lot 5 Captain Cook Highway
(Just before Smithfield Shopping Center 11.6km from City)
Age as of 4 May 2024
Wakeboarding Kids Club Girls (6-9 years)
Wakeboarding 10 years & under Girls
Wakeboarding 13 years & under Girls
Wakeboarding 15 years & under Girls
Wakeboarding 18 years & under Girls
Wakeboarding Amateur Ladies
Wakeboarding Open Ladies
Wakeboarding Kids Club Boys (6-9 years)
Wakeboarding Boys & Men 10 years & under Boys
Wakeboarding Boys & Men 13 years & under Boys
Wakeboarding Boys & Men 15 years & under boys
Wakeboarding Boys & Men 18 years & under Boys
Wakeboarding Boys & Men Amateur Boys
Wakeboarding Boys & Men Masters Mens
Wakeboarding Boys & Men Open Mens
Wakeboarding Open Wakeskate
Wakeboarding Sports Fee $20 (Inc GST) per event + the NQ Games Fee $33 (Inc GST).
Riders under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian answer and agree the waiver questions, with names and contact details for entries to be accepted. Download a copy of the Indemnity Clause and Liability Waiver here. Please email to Cairns Wake Park firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full copy of the Wakeboarding schedule please download a copy here.
For a copy of the Wakeboarding Competition Run Map please download a copy here.
(every division excluding Open Men’s)
- All riders will have 3 laps to do their best tricks on all kickers and sliders
- Up to 3 riders are on the cable at once
- 3 separate sections will be scored with 3 judges, 1 per section MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE SECTIONS – YOU ARE AIMING TO WIN EVERY SECTION BY PERFORMING THE BEST LINE IN EACH SECTION!
- To win a section you are judged on the difficulty of the line, how technical it is, whether it is well executed with a clean landing, and how stylish it is
Rankings from each section will be added together and the rider with the lowest score (winning each section) determines the overall total places
- If you fall, make your ay back to the start dock as quick as possible to get back out on the cable for the remainder of the time
- This format is fast paced and challenging for the wakeboarders trying to win every section. It also makes great entertainment for spectator
OPEN MENS DIVISION FORMAT
- 8 Wakeboarders will battle it out!
- For the Open Format it is! 8 riders will go head to head format against another rider.
- They will have 2 chances to do their best lines in 3 sections out on the lake. You must perform your best moves on the obstacles in each section, air tricks are counted in section 3. You will get to do 2 starts. (Like Traditional format)
- 3 sections are shown in the competition run map.
- Runs will start off the dock with the first section starting at the A Frame (Yellow section on the run map), you are to perform your best line in each section and will be ending after the Kickers (green section)
- Once you finished your 1st attempt, let go after the kicker and make your way back to the starting dock
- At the end of your first attempt you will be given the results of which rider won which section. Your aim is to win all or the majority of the 3 sections, 2 out of 3 for example
- In the second chance it is up to the rider if they wish to skip a section because they are happy with their first result, to focus on a section they scored low on
- If a section is scored better on the second run, that run will replace the first result
- 3 separate sections will be scored with 3 judges, 1 judge per section. There will also be a head judge overlooking everything
- MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE SECTIONS – YOU ARE AIMING TO WIN EVERY SECTION BY PERFORMING THE BEST LINE IN EACH SECTION!
- To win a section you are judged on the difficultly of the trick, how technical it is, whether it is well executed with a clean landing, and how stylish it is
- All Open Competitors will get a result at the end of their heat as to whether they move on to the next head to head
- The rider that wins the most sections from their 2 runs (for example winning all of the sections or 2 out of 3 sections) are the winners of their heat, then also the overall winner
Hosted by Cairns Wake Park:
Closing Date for Cairns Wake Park Games Registrations
Individual registrations closing date Friday 3 May 2024
Host by Cairns Wake Park
Sports Co-Ordinator – Lauren & Adam Homer
Phone: 0402 012 897
Media Co-Ordinator – Michaela Mueller
Phone: 4038 1304